Applications are invited for the Mwangi MBA Scholarship Competition 2017 in conjunction with the Irish Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade. The successful candidate will be awarded an opportunity to complete a full-time MBA programme at UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is Ireland’s leading business school and research centre offering a world-class MBA, leading PhD programme, a wide range of specialist Masters for both business and non-business graduates as well as Executive Development courses.
Applicants must meet University’s minimum English Language requirement in a recognised English Language Test such as IELTS.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time MBA programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of business.
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship includes: full tuition fees for the full-time MBA at UCD Smurfit School to the value of €34,500 and a €20,500 stipend.
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility: This Scholarship is open only to female citizens of Kenya who are committed to returning to their country after their MBA. We particularly encourage applications from public sector, ethnic minorities, people with disability and other marginalised groups. In exceptional cases, work experience may compensate for academic experience. This scholarship is intended to support candidates who would otherwise be unable to access overseas postgraduate opportunities.
Nationality: Scholarship is open only to female citizens of Kenya.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Please refer to the full-time MBA entry requirements and ensure that you meet them before submitting your application. Applicants should meet the following minimum Scholarship entry requirements.
- A university degree in any discipline or an extensive record of business or professional experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ post-graduation professional work experience
Test Requirement: A minimum score of 600 points or higher in the GMAT test. Applicants must achieve this minimum score on or before the Scholarship closing date. GMAT test fee waivers available to MBA applicants eligible for the scholarship.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet University’s minimum English Language requirement in a recognised English Language Test such as IELTS.
re interested in the Mwangi MBA Scholarship and wish to apply, please follow the following steps:
- Click on the following Apply Now link
- Click ‘Start a new Course Appplication’
- Complete and submit the application form along with the required supporting documentation
Please submit an essay as part of your overall MBA application. The essay should cover the following three questions: (no more than 1,200 words in total).
- How will you be an ambassador for your country and the Smurfit MBA both during and after the MBA? (max. 400 words)
- If you are awarded the opportunity to take your MBA at UCD Smurfit School how can you help practically build your nation / your home country or region? (max. 400 words)
- Have you formed any entrepreneurial ideas of your own and how do you think the UCD MBA will help you in this regard? (max. 400 words)
Students must submit your essay in PDF format by uploading this document along with the other documents you need to submit as part of your online application to the MBA. Supporting documents include Curriculum Vitae/Resume, Academic Transcripts for previous educational qualifications, Letters of Recommendation etc.).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 6, 2017.