If you are planning to withdraw or send money via MPESA,then you have to know the new MPESA charges. In 2019, Safaricom increased the rates of MPESA transactions .But there are some transactions which attract no charges:for instance,if you wish to send Ksh100,you won’t be charged.
What most people nowadays do is,if they want to send Ksh 500 they will send Ksh 100 five times—if it’s Ksh 300,they send Ksh100 three times.There are those who send Ksh 1000 in denominations of Ksh 100 and are charged nothing.
Meanwhile, here are MPESA charges as of 2019:
Withdrawal from M-PESA Agent
Transfer to Unregistered Users
Transfer to other M-PESA Users
Transfer to other Mobile Money Users
M-PESA charges will depend on the amount you are sending or withdrawing. You can use your M-PESA menu to buy airtime for your phone, or for someone else. This service is free and you will only pay for the airtime purchased.
- Maximum Account Balance is KSHs.100,000
- Maximum Daily Transaction Value is KSHs.140,000.Maximum per transaction is KSHs.70,000
- You cannot withdraw less than KSHs.50 at an M-PESA agent outlet
- To transact, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active
- At an agent outlet, you cannot deposit money directly into another M-PESA customer’s account
- You earn Bonga points when you transact on M-PESA.
- To register or transact at any M-PESA Agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document, i.e., National ID, Passport, Military ID or Alien ID/Foreigner Certificate
Do you know you can send Ksh1,000 for free?Here is what to do:
Since MPESA does not charge Ksh100 and below,send your money in denominations of Ksh100 ten times.Instead of being charged Ksh11,you’ll not be charged any money.