Samsung Galaxy S7 will be unveiled on February 21 at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 will focus on function over form, unlike the previous models, Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, which mainly focused on form.
Below are some of the exciting features of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Lens of main camera will no longer stick out from the back of the phone. The camera will also deal better with low light, but will have a 12 MP sensor, compared to a 16 MP sensor in the S6.
- The new phones will reportedly be waterproof up to 1 meter. They will also have complete dust protection.
- Removable batteries are not. But each new phone will feature batteries that can hold more power.
- The phone will have a MicroSD slots which was missing from the S6 and S6 Edge. The feature allows users to expand a phone’s memory, which will once again help differentiate the Galaxy from the iPhone.
- S7 Edge display will be 5.5 inches, up from 5.1 inches. That makes the curved edge phone as big as the iPhone 6 Plus, and 6S Plus. The new S7 Edge will also be comparable to the Galaxy S6 Edge+, which has 5.7-inch screen. The S7 will still have a 5.1-inch display.
- Screens will also be pressure sensitive. This feature will work similarly to the 3D touch display on the iPhone 6S, where the device responds to how hard someone is pressing down on a screen.