Many of us drink whiskey without knowing underlying facts about its origin, alcohol content and the number of people who drink it daily.
Here are the facts about the drink.
- Whiskey was invented in Ireland by Irish Monks
- Whiskey means “water of life.”
- There are 5 to 7 major Whiskey regions in the world namely Scotch Whiskey, Irish Whiskey, Kentucky (Bourbon), Canadian Whiskey, Tennessee Whiskey, Japanese and New Zealand Whiskeys.
- The world’s largest producer and consumer of whiskey is in India
- A bottle of Whiskey can be kept 100 years without losing the taste of the drink
- True Whiskey drinkers don’t add Ice
- “Macallan 1946” is the most expensive Whiskey that was sold for 460,000 dollars
- To some people Whiskey tastes like burnt arse
- The oldest bottle of Whiskey (about 115 years) was found bottled in Antarctica. It was discovered in 2010
- Whiskey has one of the highest taxation rates in the world (up to 73%)
Have a Smooth Whiskey Easter.