Here are 10 things you didn’t know about prophet David Owuor
- Born in 1966 to Hezekiah and Margaret Ochieng, in Goma village, Usenge in Bondo District, Kenya, David Owuor, popularly known as Prophet Owuor is the second child in a family of six girls and three boys. Born into Christian home, Owuor grew up knowing about God through his mother who a devoted Christian, a housewife and a peasant farmer. His father, a civil servant worked with East African Community Prison Service where he rose in ranks to a Sergeant Major.
2. He graduated from the University of Nairobi with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1988 after a stint at Makerere University. In 1992, he proceeded to Israel’s Ben Gurion University of the Negev for his masters, later earning a PhD in Molecular Genetics otherwise known as “Science of the Future” from the University of Haifa in Israel. It is while doing this that he started preparing for his journey as a preacher and prophet of God
3. Prophet Owuor was married while in Israel but he dumped his wife and left for US. He revealed that while in US, he was cohabiting with a woman but she could not put up with him when he started seeing visions. Now he preys on the rich widows of his church who later are converted and graduates to Bishops.
4. His professional work experience includes Centre for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology at the University of Illinois in Chicago as a Post-Doctoral Fellow where he researched and taught in the college of Pharmacy, and specifically the Department of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics. He was a specialist of a branch of Drug Metabolism known as Signal Transduction. He majored in Signal Transduction by cancer chemotherapeutic drugs. This guy has chewed books!
5. Prophet Owuor doesn’t collect tithes in his church—he makes money through donations. And for sure the donations have made him a billionaire! He is the richest Man of God in East and Central Africa. Prophet Owuor never reads a Bible verse during his sermons.
6. Prophet Owuor has been accused of sexually assaulting a colleague, one Hua Zhu, PhD back in September 4th 2002 after getting her drunk during an experiment. The woman said that after the incident, the prophet constantly harassed her till she left employment in 2004. At the time, Owuor was a contract scientist.
7. In a hotel where Prophet Owuor sleeps, people are not allowed to book the hotel. He likes privacy. When he books a hotel, he pays for the rest of the rooms for the period he will be guest there.
8. He only heals people who are not from the locality. When you talk ill about the prophet; his followers threaten to skin you alive. He runs a cult-like movement.
9. Early last year, one of his drivers died mysteriously, passed out while seated at home with his wife after narrating to her how he was shocked after seeing his boss, Prophet Owuor praying in front of a huge snake naked inside the Kakamega forest. The prophet had warned him against sharing this information with anyone but immediately he shared with his wife, he died! The prophet denied his involvement in the death of his driver and said the stories of the snake were propaganda.
10. Lately he is being accused of brain washing the late George Saitoti’s lady, and taking over all her properties in Lavington and Westlands that were left for her by Saitoti and leaving her to live a destitute life. The self-declared Prophet Dr David Owuor is currently building a ksh230 million mansion in Runda. Pictures have emerged of the ongoing construction of the mansion that the Owuor faithful’s have been raising money to finish its construction. The mansion is located along Ruaka Road right after UN Avenue/Ruaka Road Junction.