Who owns Sportpesa?Sportpesa is growing exponentially and the owners are smiling all the way to the bank. But do you know the names of shareholders? Ronald Karauri, who is a shareholder and doubles as the CEO of the company, is not the majority shareholder of Sportpesa,he is distant fifth.
Gene Grand,American ,owns 21% of the stake followed by Guerassim Nikolov with 21% of the company net worth.Asenath Macera Maina is third with 21% share.
As of 2018,the following are people who own Sportpesa.
- Gene Grand (American) -21%
- Guerassim Nikolov (Bulgarian) – 21%
- Asenath Wacera Maina (Kenyan) – 21%
- Paul Wanderi Ndung’u (Kenyan) -17%
- Ronald Kamwiko Karauri (Kenyan) – 6%
- Cellini Holdings – 5%
- Valentina Nikolaeva (Bulgarian) – 3%
- Robert Kenn Wanyoike Macharia (Kenyan) – 3%
- Ivan Kalpakchiev (Bulgarian) – 2%
- Francis Waweru Kiarie (Kenyan) – 1%
Sportpesa’s annual income is in excess of Ksh20 billion with each shareholder taking home at least Ksh100 million.Karauri takes home over Ksh 300 million per year.