A holiday is not complete without some great photos to share with your family and friends. A memory lasts longer if you can relive it through a good visual too. Many travellers look for destinations that look good when snapped and when it comes to international travel destinations, Dubai is very popular with Kenyans.
Home to some of the most photographed landmarks in the world, and boasting breath-taking natural beauty offset by ultra-modern skyscrapers and architectural marvels, Dubai is teeming with incredibly unique, Insta-worthy shots to make your feed the envy of your followers.
QUIRKY CAFES AND INSTRAGAMMABLE DISHES
The city’s edgy design-led eateries are perfect to boost your follower count while enjoying a delicious meal.
- One of the most Instagrammed cafes in Dubai, Tania’s Teahouse’s pretty décor and charming vibes are sure to make you smile.
- The salmon pink interior at Flamingo Room by Tashas is just the start of what you can spot at the casual-luxe restaurant – which expertly blends the African-style décor with delightful vintage touches, and Insta-worthy dishes.
- If you’re looking for Indian food, and want to get the perfect Boomerang of molecular gastronomy delights, visit the colourful Carnival by Tresind or the quirky Farzi Café. Or make your way to Bombay Bungalow or the character-led Little Miss India to enjoy meals in a beautiful Colonial Indian-inspired setting.
- For a classic shot around food trucks, head to any of the Last Exit food stops in the city – choose from a number of settings including 1950s America, an equestrian theme and a post-apocalyptic “Mad Max” theme.
- Step into Raju Omlet for a look at its rustic and quirky interiors – while the eatery has a lot of egg-centric jokes, the interiors also feature classic Bollywood posters and other objects linking to India.
- Operating in the same location since 1978, Al Ustad Special Kebab is more than just a restaurant in Bur Dubai, it’s an institution. While tucking into delicious Iranian kebabs, make sure to take pictures of the walls adorned with famous celebrities that have dined there, décor accumulated from over the years, and currency notes from all over the world lined up under the glass on the tables.
Whether you want to #chill, #splash or #spa, these jaw-dropping venues are the ideal insta-worthy backdrops.
- The funky and modern Rove Hotels offer plenty of Instagrammable moments, with artistic décor that takes inspiration from both Dubai’s heritage, the neighbourhood each individual establishment is located in, and the city’s remarkable leaps of achievement.
- Visit W Dubai – The Palm for a shot of “The Soundwave” – a large visual vector that represents a W sound wave. With 640 glass pieces, this beautiful artwork puts on a show of its own, illuminating in alternating intensities and colours to reflect the beats of the DJ in the neighbouring W Lounge.
- The lobby of FIVE Palm Jumeirah features a stunningly beautiful golden geometric structure that is sure to make a stir on your Instagram feed, whilst also providing a perfect frame for a shot of the sea.
- For the ultimate holiday profile picture shot, complete with a background of Arabic-inspired architecture, be sure to visit the Palace Downtown Dubai, One&Only Royal Mirage, or Jumeirah Al Qasr.
No family holiday would be complete without a photo album full of memories of the trip. These are some of the top venues in Dubai to document the family fun!
- Get up close to marine life and snap some stunning shots at the city’s aquariums. Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo is situated in the Dubai Mall and features a 10 million-litre tank, which contains more than 33,000 aquatic animals and the largest collection of sand tiger sharks anywhere. The Lost Chambers Aquarium, located in Atlantis – The Palm, takes visitors on a stunning and immersive underwater journey through glass tunnels into a lost underwater civilisation of ship wrecks and ruins.
- What better way to make memories than during a family trip to one of Dubai’s many theme parks, where there are Instagrammable moments around every corner. Become part of the Marvel Universe at IMG Worlds of Adventure; step on to a Bollywood movie set in Bollywood Parks; join Katniss Everdeen in her fight to free Panem at MotionGate Dubai, where Hollywood cinema comes to life; or visit Legoland Dubai and discover building experiences and interactive play across different lands.
- Capture a world of floral wonders at Dubai Miracle Garden. Here, over 50 million blooming flowers are grown into iconic structures, including a great Airbus A380 superjumbo aircraft!
- Budding environmentalists will also love exploring Green Planet. Situated at City Walk, visitors can discover and interact with a whole world of exotic flora and fauna, all set within a fully immersive indoor vertical rainforest.