Cancer has killed more than 10 prominent Kenyans over the past 10 years. Currently, more than 70 MPs are suffering from cancer,7 Senators are ailing while a couple of governors are receiving treatment. The latest case is of Governor Joyce Laboso who died of Colon Cancer.Another case is of Ken Okoth who died aged 41 from the terminal ailment.
Here is a full list of famous Kenyans who have died of Cancer in Kenya:
- Dr Joyce Laboso, Bomet Governor—She died of Colon Cancer
- Kibra MP Ken Okoth—Colorectal Cancer
- Former Safaricom CEO Bob Collymore—Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Former TV Presenter Janet Kanini—Lung Cancer
- Former Nyeri Governor Nderitu Gachagua—Pancreatic Cancer
- Former Kitui West MP Francis Nyenze—Colon Cancer
- Former Migori Senator Ben Oluoch—Throat Cancer
- Former Maendeleo Ya Wanawake Chairperson Jane Kiano—Lung Cancer
- Kenyan Born Harvard Professor Calestous Juma—Cancer
- Fromer Baringo South MP Grace Kipchoim—Colon Cancer
- Former Nobel Prize winner Waangari Maathai—Breast Cancer
Currently, former Dagoretti MP Beth Mugo is suffering from cancer, Kisumu Senator Professor Nyongo is also ailing from prostate cancer. There are also several cases which have not been brought to public.