Eliud Kipchoge will earn close to Ksh1 billion after running below 2 hours in Vienna, Austria. The athlete ran in a time of 1 hour 59 minutes and 40 seconds becoming the first human being to run below two hours.
Sources say that the highest amount will come from INEOS organizers who will reward him with Ksh400 million. The athlete will also earn Ksh4.5 million from ISUZU,Ksh 10 million from Nike and several millions from other interested parties.
Below is a breakdown of some of the companies and institutions which have promised to reward him.
1. 400 million shillings from INEOS (whether he does or not).
2. 4.5 million shillings from ISUZU
3. 10 million shillings from both NN and Nike.
4. Private jet by Jimmy wanjigi before 28 November 2019.
5. 3 million shillings from Sonko.
6. 2 million shillings by County government of Nandi.
7. 2.5 million shillings by County government of Uasin Gishu.
8. 15 million shillings from Safaricom n be awarded M-Pesa brand ambassador
More money is expected to come from other personalities, including businessmen. There will also be several sponsorship from major companies.