Who are the highest paid CEOs in Kenya as at 2020? Well, the list has not changed much but it’s emerging that Gideon Muriuki, Cooperative Bank CEO is the best paid CEO in Kenya with an annual pay of Ksh 376 million
Statistics from 2019 salary survey indicates that only 2 percent of Kenyans earn more than Ksh100,000 per month and less than 2000 CEOs earn above Ksh 1 million. More shocking is that over 50% of Kenyans earn below Ksh 10,000 per month. Even so,CEOs in blue chip companies in Kenya earn up to a quarter a billion per annum.
Lastest statistics show that the following are the highest paid CEOs in Kenya:
- Gideon Muriuki- Coop: Sh376million
- Safaricom CEO—Ksh 280 million
- Joshua Oigara- KCB: Sh273million
- Andrew Cowan- EABL: Sh115million
- Jeremy Awori- ABSA: Sh101million
- Benson Wairegi- Britam: Sh81million
- Beverley Obatoyinbo- BAT: Sh60million
- James Mwangi- Equity: Sh56million
- James Mworia- Centum: Sh45million
Sportpesa CEO could have been in the list but the company is not existing in Kenya. His salary stood at Ksh 15 million per month as of 2019.