Tippy Tap Kenya, a community-based organization dedicated to creating awareness and solutions to barriers of accessing WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) will be having its official brand launch on the 3rd of June, 2020. To commemorate this auspicious day, our team will be carrying out an activation, and delivering tippy taps in Kawangware. We shall be stationed at the following locations: Kawangware Primary School, Melchizedek Hospital and Equity Kawangware on Naivasha road.
We seek to empower institutions, commercial and public spaces with an all-round sustainable, innovative solution for observing hand hygiene as a preventive health measure against the spread of COVID-19. Below are our objectives:
- Install hand hygiene devices.
- Engage the general public through interactive activities on good hygiene practices.
- Establish sustainable supply of hand sanitizers and liquid soap.
Observing hand hygiene is currently considered as a do-it-yourself vaccine against contaminating the corona virus that is globally taking a toll on our social and economic lives. Data has it that over 95% of institutions, commercial and public premises in our country lack sustainable and efficient amenities for the public to utilize in matters of observing frequent hand hygiene within these premises enable the general public to embark on their normal activities within these institutions. The ongoing pandemic of the Corona Virus is posing a greater challenge than ever before to the social, economic and general well-being of people. By providing a diverse range of our innovative solutions to both public and private premises enable the general public to embark on their normal activities hence spur the economy.
Our projected impact is to develop new WASH Infrastructures that guarantee sustainable hand hygiene devices with sanitizers and soap within institutions, commercial and public spaces; to establish affordable and sustainable supply of hand sanitizers and liquid soap to users thus improving public confidence to embark on their normal activities to spur the economic growth. Lastly, save resources by reducing the cost of water, sanitizers, soap and time used by users as compared to current alternatives.
Established back in 2015, Tippy Tap Kenya has immensely grown over the years. We emerged as the winner of the International Rescue Committee’s WASH ‘Systems Symposium’s Pick’, and were among the top three at the 2019 Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program. We have also partnered with brands such as The Ministry of Health (Kenya), UNICEF, Lifebuoy, Africa Insight, Young Water Solutions, Unilever, YGap Kenya, Ongoza, Strathmore University and The Kijiji among others.
Our taps have been set up in the following institutions: Kawangware Primary School, Doctors Without Borders, Kariobangi South Primary School, Mwangaza Primary School, Rens Academy, Green Woods Academy, Jesus Revival School, Mabe Twinkling Stars, King Queen Academy, Kibiku Primary School etc
On our launch day, we shall unveil these four spectacular handwashing facilities:
- The Triple- Pedal Tap: This facility dispenses water and soap separately serving up to 3 users simultaneously while saving on time, water and soap used per wash.
- G-5 Dispenser: This device dispenses alcohol-based sanitizing solutions, serving up to 4 users simultaneously while saving on time and resources used per user.
- G-3 Wall Dispenser: G-3 dispenses alcohol-based sanitizing solution serving up to 3 users simultaneously while saving on time and resources.
- G-6 Dispenser: It dispenses alcohol-based sanitizing solution serving up to 6 users simultaneously while saving on time and resources used per user compared to current alternatives hence more sustainable.
For more information, visit our official website: www.tippytapkenya.org