When applying for undergraduate, masters or PhD helb loan in Kenya, you first visit helb website where you will be directed on how to apply for the loan.
The documents required to apply for helb loan include:
1) Copy of letter of admission to the university
2) Certified copy of last acquired certificate
3) Certified copy of ID
4) Certified copies of two salaried guarantors’ IDs
5) Certified copy of PIN card
6) Certified copies (by employer) of the latest three months pay slips
7) Recent colored passport size photograph
8) Letter of appointment (contracted applicants only)(1-5 should be certified by an advocate and 6-9 by employer)
The documents listed above are for individuals who are employed,commonly known as salaried.
When you present your documents to the HR for signature, ensure they indicate that you are on long term contract or a permanent employee, otherwise if you indicate that you are a casual worker you will automatically fail to qualify for the loan.
For Kenyans who want to join college and are not salaries,they have to present their form four certificate or result slip,identity cars or birth certificate,photocopy of their parents’ ID,copy of letter of admission to the university and coloured passports.
In addition,you must fill a form that you download from helb website,which must be accompanied with the documents listed above.
In addition to the loan listed above,helb offers various scholarships for needy cases.Keep on visiting their website for updates.