The Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Agriculture and Agribusiness Management (CESAAM) at Egerton University is offering Masters and PhD Scholarships for the programmes commencing in August 2017. Female applicants and students from countries emerging from conflict will be given special consideration.
The broad objective of CESAAM is to contribute to sustainable agricultural and agribusiness management through capacity development, research and technology transfer for enhanced food security.
Egerton University is a public university in Kenya. Its website states that it is the oldest institution of higher education in Kenya
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master and PhD progarmme at the CESAAM in the Faculty of Agriculture.
Study Subject: The fellowships will support students training and research in the field addressing sustainable agriculture and agribusiness management. Key focus areas include Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness Management, Animal Sciences, Crop and Soil Sciences, Dairy and Food Sciences.
Scholarship Award: This is a comprehensive scholarship that will cover tuition fees, thesis research costs, stipend (to cover living expenses and hostel) and a return air-ticket for applicants from outside Kenya and Uganda.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Kenya
- Applicants must meet the admission criteria for postgraduate programmes of Egerton University.
- MSc applicants must have attained at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in relevant agricultural science or related field.
- PhD applicants must have successfully completed masters or equivalent in a relevant agricultural science or related field.
- Applicants must submit a recommendation letter from their Head of Department, Dean or Principal of the specified institution collaborating with the CESAAM center.
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
Nationality: Applicants from Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Burundi are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidates must have at least a B.Sc. degree with an Upper Second Honours Class degree from Egerton University or equivalent institutions.
How to Apply: Interested candidates may apply either online or by post enclosing their applications in the envelope marked CESAAM programmes. The applicant must submit the following documents:
- Application cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates
- For PhD applicants, a concept note of not more than 4 pages stipulating research area of interest
Application Deadline: The deadline for applying for the scholarships is April 30, 2017.