There are several factors that determine a marketable course in Uganda. One of the factors is the available job opportunities in the market. This one is the most important since almost 90 percent of graduates expect to get jobs to better their lives.
Having studied employment trends in Uganda, I conclude that the market is not good for all the courses. A course like education is flooded and few people get lucky to be absorbed into the government institution, which is the main employer.
Courses like agriculture will only help you get knowledge to employ yourself afterwards.
It is therefore important to know where the country stands in regards to making citizens comfortable by providing employment opportunities.
Since jobs are scarce, it is only wise if you study the market wisely and determine which course could make you marketable in the highly competitive world.
The following are the most marketable courses in Uganda.
- Diploma in Strategic Management
- Diploma in Statistics
- Diploma in Public Health
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Front Office
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Journalism
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development
- Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Architecture
- Diploma in Business Administration.
- Diploma in Web Design
- Diploma in HIV/AIDS