City University London is welcoming international applicants to apply for its International Politics PhD Full-Studentship in the UK. The studentship is awarded within the School of Arts and Social Sciences.
City University London is a leading global University committed to academic excellence focused on business and the professions and located in the heart of London. A university is proud of the quality of their education, research, and enterprise and is ranked within the top 2% of universities in the world.
Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue Doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Studentship is awarded within the School of Arts and Social Sciences.
Scholarship Award: A Doctoral Studentship will provide:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- An annual bursary (£16,057 in 2017/18)
Number of Scholarships: Limited numbers of studentships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge-research.
- Applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honours degree or merit level Masters degree in a relevant subject (or international equivalent)
- Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 7.0 in IELTS with a minimum of 6.5 for each subtest.
- Applicants must not be currently registered as a doctoral student at City, University of London or any other academic institution.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for this studentship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honours degree or merit level Masters degree in a relevant subject (or international equivalent).
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 7.0 in IELTS with a minimum of 6.5 for each subtest.
How to Apply: To apply online, you will need to submit the following supporting documents:
- Your research proposal (max five sides of A4)
- Cover letter (max one side of A4), explaining the preferences regarding potential supervisors and the motivations for applying to the PhD programme in the International Politics Department at City
- Two academic references (or one academic and one professional referee where appropriate) sent by email from an official work (not private) email account
- Copies of your degree transcripts and certificates (originals or certified copies)
- Proof of your English language proficiency (if English is not your first language).
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is May 31, 2017.