The Karen Hospital is one of the top hospitals that provides a wide range of gastrointestinal treatments in Kenya. We treat several disorders of the digestive system and also surgeries to heal those diseases. We perform surgeries in stomach, esophagus and intestines that are affected by various ailments and also operate gallbladder, pancreas and liver. We do consultation, evaluation and make proper treatment plan according to the patients need. We also extend to treat several complicated malignancies such as stomach cancer, pancreas cancer and bowel cancer.
– It is a small procedure where slender device that has light and tiny camera called endoscope is inserted to have a view on the covering of esophagus, stomach and duodenum to find, diagnose or treat any abnormalities. It is a simple procedure and takes about fifteen minutes to finish and is done in an outpatient basis.
- Colonoscopy –
It is performed to view the inner lining of the colon and rectum by means of slender instrument which has light and camera called colonoscope which is introduced in the anus. This is helpful in finding out the ulcers, polyps and bleeding and other abnormalities in the rectum and colon.
– It is a procedure where a small device called endoscope is introduced into mouth and throat to examine the digestive tract. It is also used to treat the digestive tract abnormalities.
– It is a method to treat malformation in the blood vessels by means of injecting a solution into the veins directly.
– It is the excision of the polyps found in our body. The polyps are an accumulation of tissues which may develop into tumors. Hence it is necessary to remove them through surgery to avoid further complications.
- Gastric Banding –
Gastric banding surgery is done for those who want to lose weight. The surgeon attaches a band on the upper part of the stomach so that intake of food is restricted. After surgery the patient has to diet and do physical activities otherwise it would lead to complications and poor loss of weight.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy –
It is done for patients who are clinically ill due to conditions such as stroke or complicated surgeries and other problems like those who receive radiation therapy in head and neck areas.