Boeing – UQ Research Alliance PhD Scholarship at the University of Queensland,Australia
At a glance
Available to: Future Student
Level of study: Postgraduate Research
Citizenship: Australian and Permanent Residents or NZ citizens
International studentAward value:
$26,682 per annum (2017 rate), indexed annually with an additional $14,150 per annum top up
21 June 2017
31 August 2017
To be eligible you must:
- Be studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
- Be nominated by an enrolling school or institute at UQ.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not be receiving a living allowance award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
- Not be receiving a Commonwealth funded tuition fee scholarship.
Students applying for this scholarship should plan for a start date in January 2018.
Students who meet UQ Graduate School conditions of admission should also have a Bachelor of Engineering with first class honours, or a Masters degree with equivalent academic performance.
Students need very strong skills in embedded systems, both hardware and software. Skills in human-computer interaction would be beneficial. Degrees such as BE or BE/ME in Electrical & Computer Engineering, or dual engineering/IT degrees would be especially suitable, but excellent students from disciplines such as Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering with the required skills are welcome to apply.
For more information about the entry requirements for Higher Degrees by Research at UQ, please visit the Graduate School’s website.
See the terms and conditions for more information.
International applicants should also find out about moving to Brisbane, obtaining visas and health cover, and bringing your family.
We have made applying for a higher degree by research as simple as possible. You can apply by following these steps:
- Search for a supervisor
- Prepare your documentation
- Apply online
- Search for a supervisor
You may already have an interest in a particular area of research. UQ is home to over 2000 research experts and a growing community of internationally renowned scholars and scientists. You can either search for and contact potential advisors directly through the UQ Researchers database, or you can contact the Postgraduate Administrative Officer (PGAO) in the School or Institute with which you are intending to apply.