Which are the best companies to work for in Kenya?
It’s always hard to know the best company to work for, but as a job seeker, there are several factors that would influence your decision to work for a particular company. They include:
- Working conditions
- Employment terms
- Job promotions
Based on the factors above, here is a list of best companies in Kenya:
- Google Kenya
- Royal Media Services
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Parliamentary Service Commission
- Kenyan Parliament
- National Intelligence Service
- Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
- Insurance Regulatory Authority
- Communication Authority of Kenya
- Nestle East Africa
- APA Insurance
- Kenya Airports Authority
- Retirement Benefits Authority
- Commercial Bank of Africa
- United Nations (UNESCO, UNDP, UNEP, WFP)
- International NGOs
- Law Society of Kenya
- Office of the President
- International Finance Corporation
- Kenya Film Classification Board
- Radio Africa
- Nairobi Securities Exchange
- Capital Markets Authority
- Hass Consult
- Central Bank of Kenya
- Strathmore University
- American,Australian,British,Canadian Embassies in Kenya
- Kenyan Counties
- CIC Insurance
- AIG Insurance
- Trademark East Africa
- World Vision
Most of the companies listed above pay fresh graduates up to Ksh 200,000.They also have good terms for experienced employees.
Google is one of the most desired employer in Kenya.The company has the best salary for software engineers; it also allows employees to go for the gym even during working hours. Once you have gone through Google, your profile will be excellent.
United Nations also ranks among top employers in Kenya.In this international organization, no employee earns less than Ksh 150,000.Furthermore,no employee is taxed-all that you earn is yours.
The leading audit & accounting firms include PWC,Deloitte & Touche,Earnest & Young and KPMG.Graduate Trainees of these companies earn at least Ksh75,000 per month.There are numerous opportunities for growth when you are working for the big four.
In the government sector,Class A parastatals are the highest paying government institutions in Kenya.EACC,KAA,KCAA,NSIS,CBK and NSE are some of the best paying government institutions.When you join any of these institutions,your starting salary is upwards Ksh 130,000.