The new Cabinet Secretaries are yet to assume office but their wealth is already known.The richest CS may not be the noisiest, but he is among close associates of William Ruto.
After Parliament successfully conducted vetting of new CSs,who were forced to reveal their wealth, a list of richest Cabinet Secretaries has emerged.
- Simon Chelungui Sh 796 million
- Keriako Tobiko Sh360 million
- Charles Keter Sh352.8 million
- Ukur Yatani Sh 295 million
- Joe Mucheru Sh267 million
- Peter Munya Sh 264 million
- Ms Farida Karoney Sh200 million
- Sicily Kariuki Sh168.3 million
- Margaret Kobia Sh 165 million
- Monica Juma Sh 50 million
- John Munyes Sh 50 million
- Rashid Echesa Sh 40 million
Charles Keter,the Energy Minister’s wealth could have crossed Ksh1 billion, this is after he held the docket for close to 4 years.Joe Mucheru’s wealth is also estimated at Ksh500 million up from Ksh 267 million.
The richest female Cabinet Secretary is Amina Mohammed, who has worked at the UN and as the Foreign Affairs CS for 5 years before she was moved to the Ministry of Education.