Nanyuki – Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
IDG International Education
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant is responsible for supporting the Senior Monitoring &Evaluation Officer in his/her activities in managing M&E for the program, ensuring accurate and valid data collection processes, overseeing and undertaking data entry, and ensuring that essential and ongoing monitoring data are properly accounted for. The M&E Assistant will also oversee special studies, contribute to study reports, and regular monitoring reporting. S/he will provide direct assistance to build clients’ capabilities in M&E and act as a trainer of other technical assistance providers as needed.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or a related field with at least three years of experience in monitoring & evaluation.
- Experience in M&E capacity building for individuals and organizations required.
- Previous M&E experience in a donor funded program desired.
- Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators; designing and conducting small-scale operations research studies; and good working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics required
- Demonstrated punctuality, attention to detail, patience, good humor, flexibility, and overall positive attitude.
Skills and abilities
- Good communication and listening skills
- Neat and professional appearance
- Oral and written English language fluency
- Flexibility and adaptability to work under pressure.
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time; operating a computer and other office machinery; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between offices and laboratories; frequently conducting laboratory site inspections (if applicable), ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines, ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require, consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.