Reference Number: Nur-1412019
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
Job Grade: 5.01
To register patients into the trial, to collect clinical data including vital signs and anthropometric measurements. To maintain proper study records and carry out other study related procedures e.g. vaccination, to achieve the objectives of the study. The nursing officer will assist in the conduct of studies within the scope of the fractional dose pneumococcal vaccine trialTo register patients into the trial, to collect clinical data including vital signs and anthropometric measurements. To maintain proper study records and carry out other study related procedures e.g. vaccination, to achieve the objectives of the study. The nursing officer will assist in the conduct of studies within the scope of the fractional dose pneumococcal vaccine trial
- Principle Investigator
- Medical Officer.
- No budget responsibilities
Entails working within a multi-disciplinary research team to ensure optimal clinical care to study participants and conduct study related assessments and procedures while ensuring strict adherence to the study protocol. It requires a clear understanding of the study protocol and the ability to interpret and apply standard operating procedures as well as develop standard operating procedures in accordance with the standard of practice or the study protocol as and when required.It involves provision of guidance to other team members on nursing related clinical matters and study procedures and requirements.
Applicants must be willing to travel to health facilities situated in rural areas outside of Kilifi and/or Malindi Towns each day (transport will be provided by the study team), this may involve working hours of 7am-4pm (rather than 8am-5pm).
Locations: Health Centres in Ganze, Magarini, Malindi or Kilifi north sub-counties (these may be Ganze Health Centre, Bamba Hospital, Gongoni Health centre, Mambrui Dispensary, Marikebuni dispensary, Gede Health Centre, or Matsongoni Health centre).
- Engage parents of infants attending primary health facilities in an informed consent process.
- Register study participants (infants) into the trial.
- Screening of study participants and assigning of screening IDs.
- Perform a clinical assessment of study participants.
- Counselling of study participants as per protocol requirements including: pre and Post HIV test counselling and counselling.
- Vaccinate infants
- Carry out post – vaccination monitoring of study participants as per the study protocol.
- Examine trial subjects during the clinic visits, complete trial documentation as per study protocol and make relevant recommendations.
- Collect and document data as defined in the study protocols.
- Dispensing of medication as necessary
- Support study protocols.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in Nursing or equivalent
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- At least 3 years nursing experience
- Ability to lead and work within in a team
- Computer literate with proficiency and experience in using Microsoft applications
- Previous experience in clinical research
- GCP training
- Demonstrable excellent communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrable excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team, prioritize and demonstrate the ability to set and meet objectives
ANY OTHER INFORMATION:
- The post holders may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key roles and responsibilities and as may be assigned by the PI.