Reference Number: DS-1712019
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
Job Grade: 4.01
To provide efficient and effective data management support services and where directed report writing for the research/study team in order to contribute to the successful realisation of research objective.
- Data Manager.
- Undertake data discrepancy checking, cleaning and validation before uploading to server.
- Maintaining Back-up data from data collection devices.
- Maintain a smooth flow of data from field to the office servers and back.
- Deal with routine problem that arise in the course of handling of data collection devices and data.
- Clean data using reports generated by Data Manager.
- Participate in the design of data management procedures to achieve optimal efficiency and quality.
- Testing data collection tools and new features in the electronic data collection application.
- Receiving and documenting any survey material (paper) submitted from the Field during data collection.
- Performing data entry whenever necessary as advised by supervisor or any other duties.
- Perform basic descriptive analysis for weekly reports.
- Supervise the movement of data collection devices among field workers.
- Assist in the development and implementation of operating procedures and manuals.
- Take part in training of new data clerks and interns.
- Diploma in information and communications technology or equivalent.
- KCSE mean grade of C-.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Senior Data Clerk is preferable.
- Good organization and management skills.
- Understanding of relational database design, implementation and verification.
- Knowledge of MySQL or MSSQL.
- Statistics experience with STATA.