MPESA withdrawal and deposit charges for 2020 have not changed since 2019.The minimum amount charged to withdraw from an agent is Ksh 10, that’s if you are withdrawing between Ksh 50 and Ksh100.If you want to withdraw less than Ksh50,you’ll be allowed to withdraw for free.
The maximum withdrawal charges is Ksh 300 and it’s charged when you withdraw Ksh50,001 to Ksh70,000. You won’t be allowed to withdraw more than Ksh70,000 in one transaction. In addition, a maximum of 2 transactions of Ksh70,000 are allowed per day.
Below is a table showing the charges for each amount you wish to deposit or withdraw from MPESA in Kenya:
Withdrawal from M-PESA Agent
Transfer to Unregistered Users
Transfer to other M-PESA Users
You’d also wish to transfer money to another M-Pesa number,these are the charges:
Transfer to other Mobile Money Users
From the table above, the more amount you send, the cheaper the cost.
- Maximum Account Balance is KSHs.100,000
- Maximum Daily Transaction Value is KSHs.140,000.Maximum per transaction is KSHs.70,000
- You cannot withdraw less than KSHs.50 at an M-PESA agent outlet
- To transact, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active
- At an agent outlet, you cannot deposit money directly into another M-PESA customer’s account
- You earn Bonga points when you transact on M-PESA.
- To transact at any M-PESA Agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document, i.e., National ID or Kenyan Passport.
- You get 3 free transactions per day for amounts Ksh.1 to Ksh.100, thereafter Kshs.1 for (1-49) and Kshs.2 (50-100) will apply.