How to Migrate to USA to work as a Nurse/Doctor


If you are a trained nurse or doctor and you wish to migrate to USA,an opportunity has presented itself. The United States of America is encouraging anyone intending to migrate to their country to apply for a VISA urgently.

The country is overwhelmed with cases of coronavirus and it needs back up from other nations. In a bid to boost their workforce, they have encouraged nurses and doctors from other countries to join them.

Here is a message posted on

“We encourage medical professionals seeking work in the U.S. on a work or exchange visitor visa (H or J), particularly those working on #COVID19 issues, to contact the nearest U.S. Embassy/ Consulate for a visa appointment.”

The full update that appeared on the country’s website is as follows:

“Update on H and J Visas for Medical Professionals

We encourage medical professionals seeking to work in the United States on a work or exchange visitor, particularly those working to treat or mitigate the effects of COVID-19, to reach out to the nearest embassy or consulate to request a visa appointment.

For those foreign medical professionals already in the United States:

J-1 Alien Physicians (medical residents) may consult with their program sponsor, ECFMG, to extend their programs in the United States.  Generally, a J-1 program for a foreign medical resident can be extended one year at a time for up to seven years.

Note that the expiration date on a U.S. visa does not determine how long one can be in the United States.  The way to confirm one’s required departure date is here:

Those who need to extend their stay or adjust their visa status must apply with USCIS.  Their website is here:

You can apply today and get a VISA immediately.