More than 80% of Kenyans will only afford smartphones below Ksh 10,000 but they need the best smartphones that will exceed their expectations. A good smartphone must have enough memory, good camera and long lasting battery life. Some brands, like Samsung and Sony are known to be strong but sometime more expensive than phones manufactures by Infinix and Oppo.
Here is a list of best smartphones to buy in Kenya for Ksh 10,000 and below in 2020:
Tecno Pop 2 Plus 6 has the best battery among smartphones of its caliber. The most amazing thing is that you can charge this phone and use it for four days without recharging.
Common features of Tecno Pop 2 Plus 6:
- 6″ FULLVIEW Display
- 5000 mAh Large Capacity Battery
- 16GB ROM + 1GB RAM
- 8MP Front Camera with Flash
- 5MP Rear Camera with Dual Flash
- Fingerprint Sensor
You can get the phone at Jumia for Ksh 6,500-Ksh 7,500.It’s one phone that won’t disappoint. To check more details,click on this link to visit Jumia website
- Nokia 2.2
Nokia 2.2 costs Ksh 9,000-Ksh10,000 at Jumia.This is a quality phone from a popular brand.Key features of Nokia 2.2 are:
- Display: 5.71 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colorS
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); Android One
- Memory: 16 GB, 2 GB RAM
- Camera: 13MP
- Battery: Removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
You can see the battery is 3000mAh which is a strong one, memory is also good as well as the camera. Nokia smartphones won’t disappoint at all,which is why you need a good smartphone like this. To purchase one online,follow this link and visit Jumia website
- X Tigi Y10
X Tigi Y10 has a massive battery capacity, we are talking of 4000mAh.The Camera is 16MP as well as 16GB memory capacity.
Here is the summary of the key features:
- Android 9.0
- 4G LTE
- 5″ HD TFT IPS
- 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM memory
- Camera: 16 MP front, 16MP + 2MP + 2MP Rear Camera (rear triple camera)
- Battery: 4000mAh Li-polymer
- other: face unlock, triple camera, fingerprint, dual SIM
This smartphone costs Ksh 7,000 to Ksh8,000 at Jumia.To buy one,visit Jumia website via this link
- HTC Desire 728
Out of the 10 phones I have owned before,6 of them have been HTC.I can assure you HTC is among top 3 best brands in Kenya. If you need HTC phone that costs less than Ksh 10,000, go for HTC Desire 728.The smartphone comes with these features:
- Display: 5.5 inches 720 x 1280 pixels resolution, Super LCD2 capacitive touchscreen.
- CPU: Octa-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53.
- GPU: Mali-T720MP3.
- Rear camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, 28mm (wide), AF; Front camera: 5 MP, f/2.8, 34mm (standard).
- Bluetooth: 4.1.
- SIM: Dual SIM, Nano-SIM.
You will never regret buying this phone. To learn more about the smartphone,follow this link
- Sony Xperia XA1
Sony smartphones are as good as Sony televisions. The Xperia XA1 is one of the most durable smartphones in Kenya, it’s camera is super good.
Here are the main features of the phone:
- 5.0 inches
- Android OS
- 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Single Sim
- Camera 23 MP
The smartphone costs less than Ksh10,000 and can be purchased via this link
- Nokia 3.1
Another excellent phone to buy for less than Ksh 10,000 is Nokia 3.1.The smartphone contains the following features:
- 5.2’’ HD+ display with Corning® Gorilla® Glass
- 13 MP auto-focus main camera
- 8 MP front camera with an 84.6-degree field of view
- Secure and up-to-date Android 9 Pie4
- 2990 mAh battery
- 3 GB RAM with 32 GB storage
- MT6750N Octa-Core 1.5Ghz
With just Ksh 9,000, you’ll get this phone from Jumia,click here to get more details
- LG G4
LG G4 is a wonderful smartphone,if you get one,you’ll smile all the way to your home.Some key features that excite users are:
- Display: 5.5 inches 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution, capacitive touchscreen.
- CPU: Hexa-core (4×1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A57).
- GPU: Adreno 418.
- RAM + ROM: 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM.
- Rear camera: 16 MP, f/1.8, 28mm, 1/2.6″, 1.12µm, 3-axis OIS, laser AF; Front camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, 1/4″, 1.12µm.
- Bluetooth: 4.1.
Battery is good, camera excellent, storage capacity excellent. Everything you need in a phone is contained in LG G4.You can get this phone for less than Ksh10,000 at Jumia.to get one,click on this link
- Tecno Pop 3
What I like most about Tecno Pop 3 is the battery capacity,3500mAh is ideal for a phone that costs less than Ksh8,000.
The camera and storage capacity are other features that will excite you. Here is the summary of the key features:
- Display: 5.7-inch Full View LCD capacitive touchscreen
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition
- CPU: Quad-core 1.3GHz
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 16GB built-in storage
- Camera: 5MP rear camera, 8MP selfie camera
- Battery: 3500 mAh non-removable
The smartphone costs less than Ksh 8,000 and can be purchased online at jumia.To see more details,click on this link
- Oppo A3s
Oppo A3s costs approximately ksh10,000 and is regarded as one of the best 10 smartphones in Kenya.It’s features include:
- Display: 6.20-inch
- Resolution: 720×1520 pixels
- Processor: 1.8GHz octa-core
- Camera: 13MP Rear, 8MP Front Camera
- Memory: 2GB RAM + 16GB storage
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4230 mAh battery
Look at the battery,4235 mAh, this is definitely the best smartphone under Ksh10k in Kenya. You can get it at Jumia website for Ksh10,000,click here to visit Jumia website
- Cubot P30
Cubot P30 also has one of the best batteries, 4000mAh.Its camera and interal storage capacity are also excellent. With Ksh9,000-Ksh 11,000,you’ll get this smartphone in Kenya.Below is the summary of its features:
- Operating system: Stock Android 9.0
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh(typ)
- DisplaySize: 6.3″ Display (measured diagonally)
- Type: In-cell
- Touch: Capacitive multi-touch
- Resolution: 2340x1080P resolution
- Rear Triple Camera: 12.0MP +20.0MP+8.0MP Triple Rear Camera, with 1A flashlight
- Front camera: 13.0MP
- Dual SIM slot, dedicate slot for Expanded Memory
To get Cubot P30 smartphone,click on this link
- XIAOMI Redmi 8A
I have featured several smartphones above but there is none that has battery capacity that rivals XIAOMI Redmi 8A, its capacity is 5000mAh, the highest so far.Other features include:
- Brand – Xiaomi
- Model – Redmi 8A
- Camera – 12 MP with dual-LED flash and AF Rear Camera – 8 Megapixel Front selfie camera
- Memory – RAM- 2GB, 32GB internal storage
- Display – Screen size 6.22 inches IPS, HD+ (1520 x 720 Pixels)
- Battery – Non-Removable 5000 mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM)
To get this amazing smartphone,visit Jumia website via this link
- Huawei Y7 Prime
Huawei Y7 Prime has all the best features you desire in a smartphone, check them below:
- Screen size: 6.26 inches
- Front camera: Dual 8MP and 16MP
- 4G LTE FDD
- ROM: 32GB
- RAM: 3GB
- Operating system: AndroidO+EMUI8.2
- Capability: 4000 mAh
Huawei as a brand is respectable, it’s also appreciated in Kenya. To check more details about this smartphone,follow this link
- Infinix Hot 8 Lite
Infinix Hot 8 Lite’s battery capacity is 5000mAh, amazing! The phone also comes with the following features:
- 6.6″ HD+ Waterdrop Display
- 5000mAh battery
- Dual Rear Camera (13MP+2MP) with quad flash and AI beauty mode.
- 8MP Front Camera with flash
- Dual Sim, 3G
- 32GB + 2Gb memory
- Android 9 Pie
- Dirac Sound
- Fingerprint & Face Unlock
With Ksh 9,000 to Ksh11,000,you’ll get this phone at Jumia,click here to visit Jumia website for details
- Tecno Spark 4
Tecno Spark 4 will never miss in the list of cheap but quality smartphones.This phone costs approximately Ksh 10,000 and it carries the following features:
- Display: 6.52″ HD Dot Notch Screen
- Network: 4G LTE
- Memory: 32GB internal storage + 2GB RAM
- 13+2+0.08MP AI Triple Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera with Flash
- CPU: Quad-Core, 2.0GHz
- OS: AndroidTM 9 Pie
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Battery: 4000mAh
You can order one from Jumia or buy from Luthuli Avenue, the price is the same. To get at jumia,click on this link
Those are the best smartphones you can buy from Jumia with less than Ksh10,000.If you want to see more smartphones,follow this link