If you are interested in copywriting and want to know whether it’s worth it or not, you are certainly in the right place.
In this three-minute guide about copywriting, we will tell you what it is and whether it is wise to take it up as a profession.
If you are eager to earn a handsome amount of money, then you should simply start reading this post.
What is copywriting?
If you are not completely familiar with the term copywriting, then know that it is the process of writing content for marketing and promotional purposes. This kind of writing is done to motivate people to make a purchase, use a tool, click a link, get a service, and donate to a cause and relevant aspects. It is called copywriting because the text in the content is a ‘copy’!
Today you can find this kind of content everywhere on the web, and an interesting thing about it is that it is getting more and more in demand.
Is copywriting a good career?
Now the million-dollar question is whether copywriting is a good career or not. To simply answer the question, YES; copywriting is a good career that you can get yourself into. It isn’t only a career where you can enjoy growth, but you must also know that you can earn a lot of money with copywriting.
Now you should know that the amount of money you earn with copywriting depends on your writing skills and the type of copywriting you are getting yourself in. Some of the common types of copywriting are:
- Content marketing includes blogging, article rewriting, product descriptions, case studies, social media posts, and white papers.
- The direct response includes catalogues, fundraising letters, pay per click ads, sales emails, sales letters etc.
If you think that you have a decent hand in writing this kind of content, you can always apply it to the industries that value copywriting.
Top copywriting industries that you can apply in!
Here are some of the top industries in which you can easily find a copywriting job:
- Finance sector
- Digital marketing
You can easily apply and get a job as a copywriter in these industries. Here we would like you to know that the use of an online plagiarism checker is very important for a copywriter. Copywriting should not have plagiarism in it, or else it can easily affect the writer’s credibility. If you don’t want to lose your reputation and your job as a copywriter, then make sure that you subscribe to an online plagiarism checker free like PlagiarismChecker.co for safety.
Pros and Cons of the copywriting career
Before starting your career as a copywriter or purchasing an online plagiarism checker tool, we would like you to read the pros and cons of this job.
Pros of copywriting career
You can enjoy the following cons as a copywriter if you are working as a freelancer or with a company:
- You don’t need any investment to get this job. You just have to apply with samples, and you can get yourself shortlisted.
- You don’t have to worry about the future. This kind of job cannot end because of recessions. You can see for yourself that copywriters have learned a lot in the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Another pro of copywriting is that you can learn new things every day. You would have to spend time in research and stuff to be aware of new technology and updates in the market.
- With copywriting, you can win plenty of money in a short amount of time, especially if you have a good writing speed.
- Copywriting work cannot be outsourced, so you don’t have to worry about losing your work anytime soon.
Cons of copywriting career
Here are some of the drawbacks of this career that you should know of before getting into it:
- You need a lot of patience to work in this field. You can indeed earn money in this career, but it is also a fact that this is one of the most competitive jobs. The competition in this field is increasing every day. And so, to stay on the top, you have to focus on creating unique and informative content. This can consume a lot of your mental and physical energy, and only a patient can survive.
- Another con of copywriting is that you have to be fully involved in it to make money. Indeed, you don’t need financial investment in this field, but you have to invest yourself in the job to make sure that the work is worthy of earning good money. If the copywriting material is of low quality or has plagiarism in it, then you can lose money and can also end up having penalties.
After reading this post, you can easily decide whether you want to become a copywriter or not!