Standard Group Managing Director Sam Shollei advised all employees to apply for early retirement, those who complied with the directive would be compensated and those who failed to comply will walk home empty handed.
It seems the company was serious about the issue and this week a total of 13 employees were given letters of dismissal, others are waiting for their letters.
The following is the list of those who have already received their letters:
1. Julius Maina –ME, Special projects
2. Peter Okong’o (deputy ME, daily)
3. Dorcas Muga (deputy ME, weekend)
4. Juma Kwayera –writer, Saturday
5. Oscar Obonyo – writer, Sunday
6. Stephen Makabila -writer, Sunday
7. Kwamboka Oyaro –features editor
8. Joshua Kemboi- KTN sports editor
9. George Mulala – Standard photo editor
10. Peter Choge -sub-editor, Saturday Standard
11. Terry Mwenda –subeditor, The Standard
12. Grace Tunya
13. Sarah kinya -TV producer