Which are the best insurance companies in Kenya?
Insurance companies help in settling accident claims through insurance cover, medical claims through medical cover and also engage in real estate investments.
This is a very crucial sector in Kenya as it helps cover risks which could otherwise burden the victims.
Some of the cheapest apartments and houses are built and managed by Insurance companies. They also help in managing properties as well as covering risks like fire and terrorism.
Though Insurance sector has stagnated in Kenya over the years, a number of citizens have started appreciating the role these institutions play.
The following are the best insurance companies in Kenya, according to those who have sought services from them.
- AAR Insurance Kenya
- APA Insurance – Part of Apollo Investments Company
- Africa Merchant Assurance Company – AMACOO
- Apollo Life Assurance – Part of Apollo Investments Company
- AIG Kenya Insurance Company
- CIC General Insurance – Part of the CIC Insurance Group Limited 
- CIC Life Assurance – Part of the CIC Insurance Group Limited 
- Continental Reinsurance
- East Africa Reinsurance Company
- Fidelity Shield Insurance Company
- First Assurance Company
- GA Insurance – Part of the I&M Bank Group
- ICEA LION General Insurance Company – Part of the ICEA LION Group
- ICEA LION Life Assurance Company – Part of the ICEA LION Group
- Kenindia Assurance Company
- Kenya Orient Insurance
- Kenya Reinsurance Corporation
- Liberty Life Assurance Kenya Limited – Part of Liberty Kenya Holdings Limited
- Mayfair Insurance Company
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Kenya – A subsidiary of MMI Holdings Limited
- Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
- Pan Africa Life Assurance
- Phoenix of East Africa Assurance Company
- Resolution Insurance Company
- Takaful Insurance of Africa – Associate of the CIC Insurance Group Limited
- Heritage Insurance Company – Part of Liberty Kenya Holdings Limited
- Jubilee Insurance Company Limited
- UAP Insurance Company – Part of UAP Holdings
- UAP Life Assurance – Part of UAP Holdings