The Bureau of the Fiscal Service, on behalf of the United States African Development Foundation (USADF), is posting this job vacancy to seek a qualified individual to serve as an Administrative Assistant (AA) for its field office in Nairobi, Kenya under a personal service contract for a base period of 12-months and four 12-month option periods.
The United States African Development Foundation (USADF) is an agency of the United States Government.
USADF provides grant funding to private businesses, farmers’ cooperatives, associations, and various community-based organizations, especially those serving marginalized peoples engaged in economic and social development activities.
The Foundation started its funding activities in Kenya in 2011. USADF’s office in Kenya provides on-going support to projects that have been financed and also continues to identify viable local community development and small and medium-sized enterprises that show potential to create employment opportunities, generate incomes and have broad social impact beyond the project activity.
Qualifications for the Administrative Assistant Job
- Citizen of the Country of Kenya.
- Minimum of high school diploma plus two years of post-high school study or professional certifications in office administration, general business, community development, information technology or secretarial work.
- Minimum of four years of administrative/secretarial work experience with a business, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) or other institution or agency
- Ability to use modern ICT equipment: telephone exchange, computer, copier, printer, and scanner.
- Ability and experience with Microsoft applications, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Office.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with clients, executives, government officials, and grassroots groups.
- Experience in filing and records management.
- Experience and knowledge of handling petty cash, preparation of financial reconciliations, issuing payment vouchers, and preparation of financial reports.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and a local Kenyan language. Basic English proficiency (ability to read and converse in English).
How to Apply
This job announcement is solely intended to advertise the Kenya Administrative Assistant position opening. To apply for this position, YOU MUST RESPOND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SOLICITATION RFP-ADF-FOP-18-0008 POSTED AT https://www.fbo.gov/. A COPY OF THE SOLICITATION CAN ALSO BE OBTAINED AT: USADF Kenya Field Office: Blue Violet Plaza, Suite 201, at the junction of Kindaruma Road and Kamburu Road, Kilimani, Nairobi