Health Effects of Mercury—Why You Should Not Take sugar with Mercury


Sugar with mercury can cause devastating health hazards. Before you take sugar, ensure you test whether there is presence of mercury before you make tea with it.Of late you have seen many people being diagnosed with liver problems, cancer and eye problems; one of the causes is the presence of mercury in sugar.

Elemental and methylmercury are toxic to the central and peripheral nervous systems. The inhalation of mercury vapour can produce harmful effects on the nervous, digestive and immune systems, lungs and kidneys, and may be fatal. The inorganic salts of mercury are corrosive to the skin, eyes and gastrointestinal tract, and may induce kidney toxicity if ingested.

Neurological and behavioural disorders may be observed after inhalation, ingestion or dermal exposure of different mercury compounds. Symptoms include tremors, insomnia, memory loss, neuromuscular effects, headaches and cognitive and motor dysfunction. Mild, subclinical signs of central nervous system toxicity can be seen in workers exposed to an elemental mercury level in the air of 20 μg/m3 or more for several years. Kidney effects have been reported, ranging from increased protein in the urine to kidney failure.

After getting exposed to mercury, you will experience the following:

  • Anxiety
  • Excessive shyness
  • Anorexia
  • Sleeping problems
  • Loss of appetite
  • Irritability
  • Fatigue
  • Forgetfulness
  • Tremors
  • Changes in vision
  • Changes in hearing