Hosted Entities DFS/ICTD
Job categories IT
Vacancy code VA/2018/B5004/16126
Department/office NYSC, SDC, Development and Special Initiatives Portfolio
Duty station Nairobi, Kenya
Contract type Fixed Term
Contract level P4
Duration 1 Year (renewable subject to funds availability and satisfactory performance)
Application period 07-Aug-2018 to 21-Aug-2018
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager or designated officer and within delegated authority, the incumbent will directly work with UNSOS teams and will be required to perform the following duties.
- Coordinate and lead business and scope analysis, gathering of requirements and documentation, preliminary system analysis, data cleansing and enrichment, migration, and change management initiatives;
- Manage day to day operations and additional front loading preparatory technical and business process re-engineering and integration within the scope of overall UE2 for UNSOS;
- Provide SAP expertise for the mission’s involvement in the Technical Advisory Group (TAG) and the pilot activities for UE2 Demand Planning and track and trace functionalities;
- Lead the planning, execution and monitoring of Project Management activities;
- Lead the creation of technical documentation;
- Provide end user training and documentation, as required;
- Contribute to the tracking and reporting times and efforts invested on the assigned tasks;
- Work as UNOPS focal point on the ground;
- Provide advice to the Chief of Section and other stakeholders on matter related to Business Intelligence and Business Analytics.
- Provide leadership in developing, deploying, and managing mission support management’s data collection and analytics-based reporting solutions to provide actionable intelligence to mission senior management team and to mission support unit and section chiefs.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership support to the implementation of BI strategy and roadmap for implementing UNSOS analytics and business intelligence capability to include elements such as the delivery of standard and ad hoc reports, dashboards, and trending based on an increased collection and cleansing method for mission support and mandate implementation data.
- Interact with, support, and consult with all UNSOS Pillars’ Sections /Units to define key performance indicators, standard and ad-hoc reports that enable business decision.
- Build a team and support structure that will enable and expand these capabilities.
- Lead a team of BI staff in the development of recommendations based on data analysis, independent root cause analysis conducted with key stakeholders/business process owners. Produce timely and actionable information which help drive business results and guide decision making process. Devise and promote effective analytic models and creative data visualization to derive actionable intelligence.
- Contribute to the development of business rules, guidelines, standard operating procedures and formulate user requirements for IT systems in support of materials management and supply chain activities.
- Gather requirements from various stake holders and process owners to define specific business requirements for the end-to-end Supply Chain performance management. Development and promulgate of Business Intelligence Guidance and Procedures and monitor compliance. Promote continuous improvement and innovation in the area of Supply Chain Performance Management.
- Assess Business Intelligence (BI) training needs; identify, design and coordinate the delivery of BI training programs to staff at all levels.
- Perform other ICT related duties as required;
Impact of Results
The expected impact will be enhanced, efficient solutions as part of overall UE2 deliverables for UNSOS.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or in field related to the post description. A first level university degree with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and extensive experience in information technology may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in supply chain management, logistics, procurement, engineering or operations management focusing on application of reporting, analytics or BI to managing and improving business performance.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience with SAP ECC;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in delivery BI solutions;
- PRINCE 2 foundation and SCOR certification
- Experience in defining and documenting system requirements;
- Experience in multinational working environment;
- Knowledge of Power BI;
- English and French are the working languages of the UN. For this job opening, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.