Reference Number: ARO8022019
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
Job Grade: 6.01
This post involves supporting immunogenecity testing of a HIV vaccine candidate BG505 SOSIP by providing technical expertise and experimentation in the laboratory. The successful candidate will perform immunological and molecular assays and analysis to help meet the overall goal.
- Principal Investigator
- Any interns as assigned by the Principal Investigator
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for a laptop computer and lab orders.
- Sorting and sequencing plasmablasts from PBMCs from the BG505 SOSIP W001 trial.
- Sorting and sequencing memory B cells from PBMCs from the BG505 SOSIP W001 trial.
- Reverse-transcription and PCR amplification of heavy, lambda, and kappa variable genes of sorted B cells.
- Cloning of variable genes into antibody expression vectors.
- Transfection and expression of monoclonal antibodies in a mammalian cell culture system.
- Purification of monoclonal antibodies.
- Evaluation of monoclonal antibodies – antibody binding, neutralization and Fc mediated functions.
- Assist in preparation of SOPs.
- Ensure that all work done complies with the applicable regulations concerning biohazards, Good Clinical and Laboratory Practice and maintain all documentation.
- Coordinate the purchase and inventory of laboratory supplies for the group.
- Contribute to the presentation of results to the group and the programme.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- An undergraduate degree in Biological sciences, molecular biology, or biotechnology or equivalent.
- One or more years’ experience in molecular biomedical research is an added advantage.
- Experience in laboratory research.
- Detailed knowledge of the procedures relevant to the work.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Must be enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to take and follow instructions, initiative, keen to learn and proactive with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and attention to details.
- Good analytical and follow through ability.
- Good planning, organisation and co-ordination skills.
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.