You can choose to study Actuarial Science at Diploma, Degree or Masters levels in Kenya. The entry requirements for each university are different but there are few similar requirements. More than 15 universities in Kenya offer Actuarial Science which require the following entry requirements:
- Mount Kenya University Actuarial Science Minimum Entry Requirements
Minimum Entry Requirements for a Bachelor’s Degree.
The entry requirements set out below must be regarded as minimum requirements which in no way directly entitled an applicant to a place in the university. The following requirements must be fulfilled: –
a) A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with an average grade C+ (C Plus) or its equivalent passed from at least eight subjects as one sitting drawn from subject clusters as stipulated by the Kenya National Examinations Council.
b) One of the following combinations of passes in the Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) or Advanced Certificate Level of the General Certificate of Education.
i. Two Principals or Advanced Level passes of at least Grade C obtained at the same sitting.
ii. Two principals or Advanced Level passes obtained at different sittings provided that both passes are of Grade C or higher.
c) Applicants who have not taken any of the above examinations must produce acceptable documentary evidence of having passed an examination of equivalent standards by a signed statement of attainment from the Head of the last school or College attended or from the respective education authority.
d) Additional entry requirements as may be specified by respective faculties, schools or departments
Exemptions and Credit transfers.
- Credit transfer from Bachelors to Bachelors should be awarded only a maximum of one half of the of the minimum number of required units for the award of a degree
- No University common units should be offered a credit transfer.
- Credit transfers should be given a minimum of B in any unit.
- JKUAT B.S c Actuarial Science Admission Requirements
Mean grade C+, Mathematics B-, English C+
- University of Nairobi Master of Actuarial Science Admission Requirements
Common regulations for the Master’s degree in the University of Nairobi shall apply. In addition, candidates must be
- Holders of a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Nairobi in Actuarial Science, of at least Upper Second Class Honours, or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Senate.
- Holders of a Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, of Lower Second Class Honours, from the University of Nairobi, or equivalent qualification from another institution recognized by Senate. In addition, a candidate must have at least two years of relevant work experience.
- Holders of a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Nairobi or any other institution recognized by the Senate and a Postgraduate Diploma in Actuarial Science from the University of Nairobi, of a minimum credit grade.
- KCA University Bachelor of Actuarial Science Admission Requirements
KCSE mean grade B+ (plus) with a B (plain) in Mathematics OR any other equivalent qualification approved by the university senate. For actual subject and work experience requirements please contact the enrollment office. Duration: 3 years (9 trimesters)
- Multimedia University Bachelor of Science Actuarial Science Admission Requirements
KCSE mean grade of C+ and a minimum of C+ in both English and Mathematics or KACE Certificate with two principal passes and one subsidiary pass in Mathematics at KCE or relevant professional qualifications approved by the University Senate. Successful Diploma graduates with at least a CREDIT Pass will join in 2nd Year
Maseno,Kenyatta University and Strathmore are other universities offering Actuarial Science,the have specific entry requirements.You can check specific universities’ websites for more details.