The main income generation activity in Nigeria is oil which is naturally extracted from underground through wells.
The country produces the wealthiest person in the continent, Aliko Dangote with an estimated net worth of $2.2 billion.
He has heavily invested in Cement Industry, Oil and Gas, Flour and Sugar industry. His wealth is spread across Africa and Europe.
The following is a list of the wealthiest people in Nigeria and their net worth:
1. Aliko Dangote-$2.2 billion
2. Mike Adenuga-$4.7 billion
3. Folorunsho Alakija-$2.6 billion
4. Tony Elumelu-$1.1 billion
5. Theophilus Danjuma-$ 1.1 billion