Karen Hospital is one of the few hospitals in Kenya which carry out Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery
Plastic and Cosmetic surgery in Kenya is well developed and many people opt for it to enhance their personal beauty and look good. People consider it as an endowment which enhances their appearance, as cosmetic surgery reshapes any part of the body you wish to change. The Karen Hospital Cosmetic Surgery is one among the top cosmetic surgery hospitals in Kenya. The Cosmetic Surgery department is organized by highly trained and skilled Plastic and Cosmetic surgeons to produce excellent results in the surgeries performed. Our surgeons apply minimally invasive and sophisticated aesthetic methods and techniques which reduces hospital stay and decrease the recovery time. The Karen Hospital ensures patients solitude and confidentiality.
The Karen Hospital surgeons merge plastic surgery with auxiliary discipline to provide the best surgical and postoperative care to our patients.
- Botox – Botox injections are used in cosmetic procedures to reduce the wrinkles, frown lines, grooves in the forehead and skin bands present in the neck.
- Fillers – These are injections which contains collagen and other substances that are used to enhance the face beauty as it reduces the wrinkles and makes the face smoother and plump.
- Face Lift – It is a cosmetic procedure which stiffens the wrinkles and the flabby skin on the face that is caused due to age or loss in weight. The surgery produces excellent results when compared to the other.
- Neck lift – This procedure is done to eliminate excess fat and skin on the neck region. It is a set of procedures performed to enhance the look of the neck.
- Cheek Augmentation – It is a cosmetic procedure that is done to highlight the person’s cheek. The surgeon puts up a solid implant on the cheek bone usually made up of silicone. In some instances, the person’s own fat or other filler injections are also used.
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) –. Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure which corrects the nose size and shape and makes the face more beautiful, hence many people opt for it.
- Tattoo Removal – In this procedure, the surgeon removes the small sized tattoos by means of scalpel the surgeon and erases the tattoo after which it is sutured. This procedure is not suitable to large- sized tattoos.
- Breast Augmentation – It is one of the popular and commonly performed cosmetic surgeries which enhances or restores the size of the breast. It is done by placing silicone gel or saline implants or by fat transfer. It helps women to enhance their figures and make them happy. The surgery gives out more successful results.
- Breast Lift – This kind of cosmetic surgery addresses problems with sagging, irregular breast, small breasts, relaxed nipples and stretched areolas. Breast augmentation and breast reduction will be advised along with breast lifting surgery if the breast size is too big or small. Most of the surgeries performed are successful and the patients are happy with the outcome.
- Breast Reduction – It is a cosmetic surgery that is done to remove surplus fat, tissues and skin to make proper size of the breast that suits your body. It relieves the discomfort caused due to large breast and boost up confidence in women, hence more people opt for this procedure. This is a safe procedure with less complication.
- Gynaecomastia Surgery – Gynaecomastia is a term that refers to enlarged or distended breast in males. This surgery is preferred by men’s to boost up their self image. The surplus fat and the glandular tissues are excised to make the breast return to normal size. The surgery is done as a day care procedure and the patient can go home on the same day.
- Hips and buttocks enhancement – This surgery removes the surplus fat and the drooping skin in the buttock and hip region and makes the buttock in good shape. It is enhanced by means of implants and prostheses.
- Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty – If there is excess flab of skin on your tummy that does not go away with dieting or exercise then the doctor would advise for tummy tuck in which the surplus fat is excised and the muscles of the abdominal wall are tightened. It is suitable for both men and women who are in good physical condition.
- Mini-Tummy Tuck – It is considered as a less persistent procedure than the abdominoplasty and it aims on the skin between the belly and pubic bone. It mainly constricts the muscles on the lower abdomen. The procedure is a minor one and takes about two hours.
- Fat Injection – In this procedure the surplus fat from the areas such as thighs are taken and injected into the areas which lack volume such as face, breasts or buttocks. The procedure is very safe and many people opt for it as the patients get natural look.
- Palm/Axillary Hyperhidrosis (sweating) – It is a condition in which there is over sweating in palms, armpits and soles. It is a treatable condition and there are several methods in treating them. It includes use of antiperspirants, injecting botulinum toxin and surgery.
- Hair Transplant – This is a treatment for person who has scanty hair (baldness) in their head. The surgeon takes hair from the area which is abundant and then transplants it to the thin or no hair region. It is done as a day care procedure and the patient can go back to routine work within two-five days.
- Hand Surgery – In this procedure the disorders related to hands, wrist, elbows and shoulders are corrected.
- Reconstructive Surgery – This surgical procedure is done to reinstate the function of the body parts. The plastic surgeons use this concept to manage serious wounds by doing skin grafts, expanding the skin and flaps. Cosmetic surgeons use this concept in enhancement of breast, breast reduction and lifting, face and forehead lift, surgery for upper and lower eyelid, chemical peeling, reshaping of nose and skin resurfacing using laser.
- Cleft Lip and Palate repair surgery – The cleft lip and palate is the birth defect which is formed during pregnancy. This defect can be found only when the child is born. Surgery can be performed to correct this defect and is done when the child is about one year old. The surgeon will spruce the tissues and the lips are stitched. In some instances the nose also needs to be corrected. The child needs to stay at the hospital for about 5 days and recuperate within four weeks.
- Breast Reconstruction surgery – This surgical procedure is done to recreate the breast mass that is similar with the remaining part of the breast. It is usually done as a follow up surgery mainly after mastectomy.
- Trauma Reconstructive Surgery – This surgery is performed in patients who have facial and cranio-facial abnormalities, extremity injuries and intricate wounds.
If you need to perform plastic surgery, The Karen Hospital is the facility to visit.