NHIF can be paid using MPESA Paybill Number 200222, but this process is ideal for self-employed individuals who would like to contribute for anticipated medical expenses.
Full time employees ought not to send NHIF contributions through MPESA because their employers deduct and submit to NHIF offices every month. The Paybill number is useful for those in the informal settlement.
For you to make NHI contributions through MPESA,follow this procedure.
- Go to Safaricom menu and select MPESA.
- Choose the Pay Bill option.
- For the M-pesa NHIF Pay bill number (business number), enter 200222.
- Enter your NHIF Account Number.
- Enter your contributor’s National Identity Card Number.
- Enter the amount to contribute.
- M-PESA asks for your M-PESA PIN. Enter your Mpesa PIN and hit OK.
- M-PESA gives you the confirmation screen. Carefully confirm that all the details are correct. Press OK to finish to pay NHIF via Mpesa.
- You will receive an M-PESA Transaction confirmation SMS!
But before you pay, you must know the NHI Rates. If you are going to pay, here is the amount you will be charged.
|Min. Amount (Ksh)||Max. Amount (Ksh)||Charge (Ksh)|