NGO Statistician Job in Kenya,Salary over Ksh80,000
Reference Number: STAT260118
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
JOB PURPOSE:To provide statistical support for ongoing studies in the Epidemiology and Demography Department.
- Study Principal Investigator
- Statistics team lead
- Developing study analysis plans.
- Providing advice on randomization and frequently observing randomization.
- Liaising with trial and data managers and programmers about data quality and missing data, verifying data accuracy and validity.
- Scheduling and preparing reports of analyses for independent Data Monitoring Committees, Steering Committees, and publications.
- Actively interrogating data for discrepancies, errors, and missing data, in order to verify the accuracy and validity of the data. Reporting and liaising with trial investigators, data managers and programmers on the quality of the data, and resolving any errors according to the study protocol.
- Discussing and interpreting results with colleagues and collaborators in a trial/study.
- Ensuring deadlines and project milestones relating to data and analyses are met, coordinating with other members of staff and external collaborators as necessary
- Supporting the production of summary tables and graphics for interim and final analyses.
- Preparing and depositing research data and documentation for curation and archiving
- Conducting routine data checks and queries resolution and reports generation.
- A Degree in mathematics or statistics.
- 3 years experience in similar position with demonstrated research experience, preferably in the health sciences
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with one or more statistical packages (including Stata, R or SAS) plus knowledge of any SQL-compliant DBMS (e.g. MS-Access, MS-SQL, MySQL Postgres,); exposure to GIS analysis
- Proficiency with statistical and data management procedures (data cleaning, manipulation, summarization, tables, listings, graphics, and inferential statistical output), and report generation.