Programme Associate, GS-6, Nairobi, Kenya (Temporary Appointment 364 Days) Open to Kenya Nationals Only
Job no: 512953
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Division/Equivalent: Nairobi Regn’l(ESARO)
Department/Office: Nairobi, Kenya
Categories: Finance and Administration, Internal Audit Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, full potential….
How can you make a difference?
- Provide follow up support to facilitate HACT and Risk Management functions of the Unit
- Coordinate and follow up with sections on implementation of the KCO assurance plan including coordinating with third party audit firms;
- In cooperation with the Quality Assurance Officer, obtain updates on a monthly basis from sections/zone offices on the completion of planned spot checks and programme visits for updating INSIGHT.
- Provide secretarial support for UN Kenya HACT WG and other admin functions within the unit.
- Maintain repository/share drive for Quality Assurance Unit including records of IP audits, spot checks, internal audits, reporting to RO and training database for HACT/VISION trainings;
- As part of the implementation of the HACT assurance plan, review reports from audit firms on micro assessments, audit and spot check reports by both staff and third parties and populate the recommendations in the tracking tool/e-tools for follow up and providing status for management meetings.
- Keep the partnership module of e-tools updated with the required information related to partnership management.
- Provide required support in undertaking spot checks to help the office meet targets and provide logistics support for the Quality Assurance Unit facilitated meetings.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required. University degree in Accounting/Finance would be considered an asset.
- Six years of relevant experience in similar field of work. Prior work experience in the UN system/UNICEF or another international development organization is an asset.
- Prior experience and hands-on knowledge of HACT or Risk Management is an asset;
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: May 10 2018 E. Africa Standard Time
Application close: May 24 2018 E. Africa Standard Time