Volunteer Intern,Horn of Africa Project
The International Crisis Group’s Horn of Africa Project is looking for an intern to volunteer in the organisation’s Nairobi office for a suggested period of six months from 8 August 2018. This is a desk-based position that requires a natural flair for political analysis, flexibility, intelligence and hard work, but offers an excellent opportunity for someone to learn about conflict analysis and advocacy work and gain valuable experience in a high profile international NGO.
- Monitoring political developments in the Horn of Africa region via online sources;
- Providing assistance editing reports and briefings on conflict issues, and other documents produced by Africa program staff;
- Preparing advocacy and research materials and attending meetings with/on behalf of the Crisis Group staff;
- Assisting with carrying out daily press reviews and composing weekly situation reports;
- Administrative tasks, including arranging for meetings and database management; and
- Assisting Africa program staff with everyday office needs.
- A recent graduate degree in political science, conflict studies, international relations, or similar;
- Excellent English writing and editing skills;
- Computer literacy;
- An ability to deal confidently and swiftly with a variety of demanding tasks;
- Proven research skills in international relations or a similar subject, conflict analysis or human rights work;
- Proven interest in and knowledge of the Horn of Africa region; and
- Knowledge of local language(s) is an added advantage.
If interested, please apply by July 9.