Driver, Multiple positions
Job categories Administration
Vacancy code VA/2018/B5001/15902
Department/office ECR, NYSC, Peace and Security Centre
Duty station Nairobi, Kenya
Contract type Local ICA Support
Contract level LICA-3
Application period 10-Jul-2018 to 24-Jul-2018
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
- Immediate action in case of accident
- Provides reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of Regional Director/Head of Office, other high-ranking officials and visitors b) collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items; and c) meeting official personnel at the airport and facilitating immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Ensures proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.; performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs; and ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- High School Diploma with Three (3) years of relevant experience; with a valid driver’s license is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience as a driver,
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Fluency in English ( reading, writing and speaking ) is required;
- Knowledge of another UN official language is desired.
- Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contract Agreement (LICA)
Contract level: LICA – 3
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: