Assistant Research Officer – (6 Months Contract)
Reference Number: ARO – 010818
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
Job Grade: 6.01
Conduct relevant laboratory assays and statistical analysis to determine the quality of blood used for transfusion.
- Principal Investigator
- Perform laboratory assays namely; Enyme linked Immunosorbent assays, malaria parasite culture, DNA and RNA extraction, PCR and RT-PCR
- Generate montly lab reports
- Disseminate the findings from this work through oral and presentations.
- Participate in other research related activities such as leading journal clubs, lab talks, attending meetings, seminars etc.
- Participate in other laboratory and analytical work that fits within the scope of ongoing work within the Human Genetic Factors (HGF) group.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- An BSc in a relevant field, such as Medical Laboratory Sciences
- At least one year experience of working in a biomedical research related capacity.
- Training and experience in the conduct of relevant laboratory assays including ELISA, DNA and RNA extraction and real-time genotyping.
- Training and experience in scientific writing; proposals, literature reviews, thesis
- Proficiency in statistical packages especially STATA.
- Good planning, organisation and co-ordination skills
- Ability to take and follow instructions, initiative, keen to learn and proactive with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment