Clinical Officer (1 Month Contract)
Reference Number: CO221118
Employment Type: Temporary Contract
Job Grade: 6.01
To provide efficient and effective clinical care to staff and their dependants at the staff clinic. Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team ensuring high quality clinical care provision and clinical research.
- Head of Clinical Paediatrics.
- Head of Human Resource
- Senior Clinician
- Nursing Officers and Support staff based at Staff clinic
- Provide clinical care on at staff clinic and including referral to designated service providers and patient documentation, performing clinical procedures.
- Maintain staff documentation and adhere to good clinical practise.
- Will be expected to become familiar with a range of ongoing inpatient interventional and descriptive studies.
- Attend clinical skills training and updates when required to.
- Prepare and discuss clinical case presentations at clinical meetings.
- Attend and participate in clinical meetings and other meetings as needed.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A diploma in Clinical Science or equivalent
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council
- At least 3 years clinical experience with a keen interest in paediatrics
- Knowledge/ experience in organisation of research studies
- Computer literate with proficiency and experience in using email applications and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Attentive to detail with strong follow through ability
- Confidentiality and strong ethics
- Able and willing to take and follow instruction and to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and high integrity
- Well groomed; neat and clean appearance
- Exposure to patients and materials considered infectious and/or bio hazardous