Our client, a deposit taking SACCO based in Nyeri County wishes to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced individual for Teller Position (REF NO.TELL/CCIA 2019)
Main duties and responsibilities
- Paying customer against proper documentation.
- Receiving deposits from customers.
- Ensuring cheques and cash are banked and input in the system.
- Reconciliation of cash transactions on a daily basis.
- Maintain and update treasury register.
- Promote the Sacco’s products and handle queries at the counter.
- Prepare teller reconciliation report.
- Return the balance of cash to the treasury before close of day’s business.
- Maintains highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, verifying and distributing cash.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Count currency, coins and cheques received, by hand or using currency-counting machine, in order to prepare them for deposit.
- Enter customers’ transactions into computers in order to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Monitor bank vaults to ensure cash balances are correct.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Key Qualifications & Experience
How to apply