Here is a list of universities offering MBA in Kenya. As you know, MBA is the most popular course in the country.
- Management University of Africa
Minimum Admission requirements for MUA postgraduate programme
- First Class Honours OR Second Class Honours, Upper Division in any Recognized University in any area of option
- Second Class Lower Division from any recognized University with at least two (2) years experience in research, administration, management or the public sector, as evidenced by at least one published paper in a refereed journal or Technical reports and patent documents
- Bachelor’s Degree with a pass from any recognized university maybe considered for admission if
- He/she has at least five (5) years of relevant experience in research, administration, management or the public sector, or:
- Has a post-graduate diploma in a relevant field from an institution ecignized by senate
- At least GPA of 2.99 in the relevant area of option
Website link: https://www.mua.ac.ke
- Africa International University
Website link: https://www.aiu.ac.ke
Website link: https://www.usiu.ac.ke
- Kenyatta University
- The following shall be eligible for registration for the MBA degree in the School of Business:
- A holder of a bachelor’s degree with at least upper second class honorsdegree of Kenyatta University or any other recognized university.
- A holder of a lower second class degree of Kenyatta University or any other recognized university with proven ability in research, administration or
- A holder of a degree of Kenyatta University or any other recognized university plus relevant full professional qualification certificate
Areas of Specialization:
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management
- Strategic Management
- Entrepreneurship Management
- Project Management
- Management Information Systems
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Duration and Pattern
- The duration of the programme is two (2) academic years and offered during the day and evening
- The Masters programmes consist of Coursework, Examination and Research Project.
- Students are required to take a total of sixteen (16) taught units and a research project equivalent to 4 taught units making a total of 20 units by the
Tuituion Fees : 368,150.00
Statutory Fees: 29,150.00
Total Fees : 397,300.00
Website link: http://business.ku.ac.ke
Website link: http://www.jkuat.ac.ke
A candidate must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements:
Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree with at least Upper Second Class honours in any discipline or its equivalent from an institution recognized by the University Senate.
Be a holder of a Bachelors degree with Lower Second Class honours in any discipline provided the candidate can show proven evidence of research ability or three (3) years relevant experience in a relevant field.
Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree at pass level in any discipline from a recognized University with five (5) years post qualification experience. If less than five (5) years, the holder must have a Diploma with Credit in a relevant field from Kenya National Examinations Council and any other institution recognized by the University Senate.
Distance learning mode: online application for admission is a subject to verification of certified original testimonials during registration and orientation period done in each semester.
MODE OF STUDY:
- Distance learning: Online tuition, two (2) online CATs, one (1) sit-in CAT towards the end of semester, and one end of semester examinations.
SEMESTER ADMISSION PERIODS:
- JANUARY, MAY, SEPTEMBER
- Distance Learning fee for a minimum of 3 Modules per semester: Kshs 19,750/-
For Enquiries on: –ADMISSIONS – Call SWITCHBOARD (067-5870001, 067-5870002, 067-5870003, 067-5870004, 067-5870005) and ask for EXTENSION 1766/1767 (C&D office) . Alternatively, ask for Ext. 1754 or 1764 (Reception) .
- Strathmore University
Applicants should have a minimum of two years’ managerial experience and pass our aptitude test, the Graduate Entrance Exam (GEE), in place of which a candidate may present for consideration their GMAT results as long as they are less than four years old.
Besides, candidates must be:
- Holders of First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degrees in the relevant academic fields from recognized universities, or
- Holders of other related qualifications from recognized universities, considered by the Academic Council as equivalent to a First Class or Upper Second Class degrees, or
- Holders of Lower Second Class degrees plus postgraduate diplomas or certificates of diploma level or equivalent or a GMAT score of at least 500 points.
Website link: https://sbs.strathmore.edu
- Multimedia University
Website link: https://www.mmu.ac.ke
- a) Bachelors degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division or a
cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 from MMU or any institution recognized by the University;
b) Bachelor degree with Second Class Honours Lower Division or a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.50 on a scale of 4.00 from MMU, or any institution recognized by the University, with three (3) years working experience in relevant field, or evidence of research capability either through research, paper presentations or peer reviewed publications;
c) Relevant postgraduate diploma from MMU or any institution recognized by the University.
Fees structure: 65,000.00 Per Semester
- St Paul’s University
A Bachelor’s degree with at least an upper Second class honors; or
A Bachelor’s degree with a lower Second Class Honors and two years work experience in a related field, or
A Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on 4.0 scale (B+) or the equivalent, from an accredited University.
Two (2) years (4 Semesters).
Website link: http://www.spu.ac.ke
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa
Website link: http://www.cuea.edu
- Daystar University
Website link: https://www.daystar.ac.ke
The entry requirement is a Bachelors degree from an accredited university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.00, or a degree awarded with First Class or an Upper Second Class Honours. Those whose GPA is 2.5 or who have Lower Second Class Honours and a Higher Diploma with relevant experience may be considered if the degree or diploma is relevant to the field of study.
- KCA University
Website link: https://www.kca.ac.ke
Minimum admission requirements:
A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent qualification from a recognised institution with at least a lower second class.
- Kabarak University
Website link: https://kabarak.ac.ke
- Adventist University of Africa
Website link: https://www.aua.ac.ke
- Applicants must have a first degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 point scale) or its equivalent. Applicants whose GPA fall below 3.0 shall be assessed and offered provisional admission and monitored to ensure that they maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00 for the first two semesters.
- In addition, applicants should have at least two years post-graduate work experience.
- Also, applicants are expected to request their former universities and/or employing organization to submit two letters of recommendations (aptitude and character) directly to the AUA Admission Office.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website (www.aua.ac.ke), completed and mailed to the Office of the Registrar, Adventist University of Africa, Private Bag 00503 Mbagathi, Nairobi – Kenya.
The admission to the MBA program is entirely on merit. The objective of the admissions criteria is to select individuals who have demonstrated their commitment to personal and professional growth.
For direct questions about Adventist University of Africa’s MBA program please contact the Coordinator
- Mount Kenya University
Website link: https://www.mku.ac.ke
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 2nd Class Honors Upper Division qualification
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 2nd Class Honors Lower Division qualification and a minimum of 2 years work experience.
A student is eligible for credit transfer for similar units undertaken in an institution of higher learning recognized by the commission for higher education subject to the University policy on credit transfers.
The course takes duration of four academic years
- Maseno University
Website link: https://maseno.ac.ke
The Common Regulations for all Bachelor degrees in Maseno University and approved by the senate applies.
- Moi University
Website link: https://business.mu.ac.ke