The University of Nairobi(UoN) offers several distance learning courses, from undergraduate to PhD level. Below we provide the list of courses offered under distance learning and the admission requirements:
Bachelor of Adult Education and Community Development
- A Holder of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum aggregate performance of C+ or its equivalent qualifications.
- A holder of professional qualifications such as Diploma in Early childhood Education or Diploma in Education or Teachers Certificate (S1) from recognized institutions or its equivalent qualifications.
- Holders KCSE with a minimum grade of C- plus certificate from recognized Institution and of Diploma from a recognized institution
- A trained primary school teacher of P1 grade and minimum teaching experience of three years.
- A holder of Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) with a minimum of Two principal passes or its approved equivalent qualifications.
- A holder of other degrees from a recognized university.
- Any other qualifications equivalent to the above recognized by the University of Nairobi
Bachelor of Project Planning and Management
- Holder of KCSE Certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and English or Kiswahili
- Holder of KACE Certificate with a minimum of two Principal passes and one Subsidiary pass and a minimum of a Credit pass in mathematics at KCE.
- Holder of degree from a recognized university.
- Holders of Diploma from a recognized institution with a minimum of mean grade C at KCSE or Div. III at KCE.
- Holders KCSE with a minimum grade of c- plus certificate from recognized Institution and a Diploma from a recognized institution
- Holders of CPA/CPS Part II or equivalent professional qualifications plus a minimum C mean grade
Bachelor of Education (Science)
Minimum Admission Requirements
- KCSE mean grade of C+ (plus) and a minimum of C+ in two (2) science subjects
- KACE with two (2) Principal Passes in Two (2) science subjects.
- Diploma or S1 holders in science and education with KCSE mean grade C (plain)/Division II
- Diploma in science with KCSE mean grade C- minus/Div III plus a professional Certificate from a recognized institution
- Trained P1 Teachers with KCSE mean grade C (plain)/Div. II
- KNEC Diploma in Science or its equivalent as determined by KNEC with a KCSE mean grade C (plain)
Bachelor of Education (Arts)
Candidates must satisfy the University minimum entry requirements.
i) KCSE C+ and above, or
ii) KACE 2 Principal Passes and above, or
iii) P1 Teachers Training Certificate from a recognized training college, or
iv) Diploma recognized by University of Nairobi Senate with C plain at O-level
In addition, applicants should have obtained a minimum of C+ in the two teaching subjects
M.A. in Project Planning and Management
Common regulations for the Master’s Degree in all Faculties/Institutes/Schools shall apply, ii) The following shall be eligible for admission:
- A holder of Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with at least an Upper Division, Second Class Honours, of the University of Nairobi, or equivalent qualification from other institutions recognized by Senate.
- A holder of Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with at least a Lower Division, Second Class Honors with 2 years relevant working experience
- A holder of Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with at least a Pass with a Postgraduate Diploma or with three years relevant working experience.
- The core courses and research project are compulsory. In addition, a student shall take at least 4 Electives.
Doctor of Philosophy in Project Planning and Management
- A holder of Master of Arts degree in Project Planning and Management from the University of Nairobi or any other institution recognized by the senate.
- A holder of a Master’s Degree from the University of Nairobi or any other institution recognized by the senate in areas of specialization relevant to the discipline in the programme.
- A holder of a Master of Business Administration from any institution recognized by University of Nairobi Senate in areas of specialization relevant to the discipline in the programme