The Teachers Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions of principals of secondary and primary schools across the country.There are over 150 open vacancies which require both degree and diploma qualifications.
Please note that:
Manual applications will not be considered.
Applicants who give false information will be disqualified and further disciplinary action taken against them.
PRINCIPALS OF SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ASAL AREAS. SENIOR GRADUATE TEACHER/SENIOR APPROVED TEACHER/ ORDINARY DIPLOMA
TEACHER/SENIOR TRAINED DIPLOMA TECHNICAL TEACHER/SENIOR LECTURER – (JOB GROUP ‘M’) – (150 POSTS)
Applicants must be professionally qualified Graduate/Approved Teacher /Trained Diploma Technical Teachers I /Ordinary Diploma Teacher I who are currently teaching and performing duties as Principals in Secondary Schools in ASAL areas and have satisfactorily served for at least three (3) years at Job Group ‘L’.
Applicants Must Demonstrate Knowledge On:
- The structure and functions of the TSC
- Laws and Regulations that govern the teaching service (TSC Act, TSC Code of Regulation for
- Teachers, TSC Code of Conduct and Ethics, Basic Education Act and other relevant laws and policies).
- General Institutional Administration and financial management
- Curriculum Development, Implementation and Evaluation.
- Teacher Professionalism and Integrity.
- Performance management and reforms in the teaching service Safety of Learners.
- General information on current issues of national importance.
Successful candidates will be deployed substantively as Principals in Secondary Schools.
SALARY SCALE: KSHS.499080 x 24840 – 523920 x 26640 – 550560 x 27720 – 578280 x 28800 – 607080 x 30600 – 637680 x 32400 – 670080p.a.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements of the advert should apply online through the TSC Website www.teachersonline.go.ke on or before 7 th December, 2016.